Main characteristics Fincoil J
- F5 Coil
- Tube pitch 35x30.31 mm staggered
- Cu tubes 13.3 mm OD, aluminium fins
- Fin spacing 2, 2.3, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 mm (12 mm fin spacing available for limited no. of coil sizes)
- Frame material: aluminium or galvanized steel
- Special coils F5-E (copper or epoxy coated fins, stainless steel frame, custom frame dimensions)
- F2 Coil
- Tube pitch 28.87x25 mm staggered
- Cu tubes 10 mm OD, aluminium fins
- Fin spacing 2, 2.5, 3, 4 and 5 mm
- Frame material: aluminium
- Special coils F2-E (frame material galvanized or stainless steel, custom frame dimensions)
- For all F coil types the tubes are attached to the fins by mechanical expansion and fin collars extend over the entire tubing surface (excl. 12 mm fin spacing). The staggered tube arrangement in combination with corrugated fins give the coil an excellent heat transfer efficiency.
G ¼” plugs are provided for draining and venting on types L, LG, J and JG. If required, an G ¼” socket is also provided for an anti-freezing thermostat.
A separate drip tray with a pipe connection is provided for each coil of type J, JG or Jx for the removal of the water condensing on the coil surfaces. The tube connections on the coils (as seen in air flow direction) are either on the right- or left-hand side. Unless otherwise specified, the coil is arranged in accordance with the counter-flow principle.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
How it works
Alfa LU-VE finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa LU-VE supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and air conditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like HFO/HFC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).